Throwback Thursday and Wildwood Preserve Toledo, Ohio Metropark































When my husband asked me what I was going to blog about today. I responded. "I'm not sure." And he suggested I do a throwback- since it's Thursday- so here it is. On Throwback Thursday, I wish to mention 2  throwback scents.























1. The scent of fallen leaves.


As a kid, I would help Mom and Dad rake leaves and then I would jump into the pile- breathing in the scent as I scattered them all over me. It's a great childhood memory that I carry with me every time I take a walk during Autumn.



The photo above is taken in at Wildwood Preserve  RR. Metz  Visitor Center. The Wildwood Preserve is a wonderful place to walk any time of year but Autumn is my favorite. The preserve is part of the Toledo Metroparks and was previously a family estate of Robert A. Stranahan, Senior.

When I photographed this image, I recall thinking there were many leaves on the ground and yet so many still decorate the woods with their vibrant hues of orange and pink. Had our dogs not wanted to move onto the trail, I would have sat in this location for a while just watching the leaves continue to fall.


2. The scent of roses. 


When I walk past my old shrub rose it always reminds me of the smell of my Grandma. Every day,  after she washed her face, she would apply Rosewater & Glycerin lotion.  Not only did she look all dewy, but she also smelled amazing.






Watch for snakes, like this one, along the path.


Do you have any favorite throwback smells from a garden or a park?

Comments