Clinton Nature Preserve



























I’m not one for sitting around all day so when we were driving back from Lake Erie, through Tiffin, Ohio, I made the suggestion for an unscheduled stop at the Clinton Nature Preserve.

We headed straight for the parking lot, greeted by the sounds of cheerful songbirds along our way. We parked our vehicle and I got out to look for a park map. 




























That is when a trail to the left of the signage caught my eye. 

I braced myself! (If you are not careful here, the rocks and tree roots will throw you off balance. ) I descended a sandy and rock-laden canoe path down to the scenic Sandusky River. 

The scenery here was stunning and reminded me somewhat of time spent hiking with my brother in New Hampshire.

Once I arrived at the waterfront, I took an easy path along the bank to the right, stopping to take photographs as the breathtaking landscape revealed itself.


This 33-acre preserve provides an outdoor woodland, wetland, and waterway.   south. 
The nature trails are nice and horses are allowed in some areas. The park has a 
 graveled walking trail for those who fo not want to be in the woods. There are bike trails for beginners to advanced riders and the bicycle trail connects with Schekelhoff Park. 

Comments