Protecting Vinyl and Cleaning and Waterproofing Our Pop Up Camper Canvas





To clean  and  protect the vinyl we use  Dash Shine  in the spray pump. This product cleans and protects fro UV rays.  If we're out of Dash Shine we use Protect All.



 My husband is applying this with a microfiber cloth and then he'll buff it off with a clean sock.





To clean the canvas 


Brush off the dirt.
Spray on a solution of water mixed with some Woolite detergent.
Use a plastic bristle brush to clean.



Allow solution to soak into the fabric.
Rinse thoroughly until all residue is gone.
Let it air dry.


After the canvas is dry, we spray Coleman's Pro-Techt onto the canvas and retreat as needed. If you're using this stuff, make sure to wear your respirator!





Last fall, we had to leave Lake Erie in a rainstorm so we packed up the pop-up- wet. We aired it out when we got it home but I  noticed a slight smell so I checked out the listings for sunbrella fabric and into the normal cleaning solution I put a little bit of bleach. I followed the same steps as above making sure I did not get any on the vinyl and washing it out well when done.





To clean the exterior panels of the camper I use a mixture of water, dawn and a few squirts of LA' s Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner, Degreaser and Spot Remover.  For the nasty bugs that accumulate on the front storage trunk when traveling, I apply this solution with a magic eraser.

The people that owned the camper prior to us kept it up nice and we are trying to do the same.