Reupholstering Camper Cushions and Hanging a Valance



















I had talked about changing the colors in our pop up camper when we first purchased it. The fabric on the cushions was in great shape but I was not a fan of the pattern. About 8 months after we purchased our camper, my husband pointed out a bolt of gold fabric to me at the local Goodwill store. He asked, "Can you do anything with that?" My response, looking at the $9 price tag was, "Sure!" We went to the check out lane with a bolt which I estimated had about 7 yards still left on it. It was a decent color and I knew I had some leftover Mill Creek fabric at home that would compliment it.



On my next day off work, I removed the cushions from the camper. I made a mixture of water and essential oils and sprayed the old fabric with it. I then let them set in the sun to dry.

When the cushions were dry,  I began the process of cutting the new fabric to recover the cushions. I had fabric spread out across our living room floor when my husband texts me and said the weather was going to be good and we might want to consider testing out the heater by spending the night in the camper.

I went an easy route and used heat bonding tape and the heavy duty staple gun to staple the fabric over the top of the existing fabric.


Once I had the cushions done, I put green bedding on the king beds. The floral pillow was a purchase from our local hospital thrift shop.


I wanted some color up to where the old gray valance hung. I ended up using 3 valances. I hung these with drapery pins over the lip of the track that was already there.


Next, I made a few tie backs from strips of the Mill Creek fabric and am still working on some swags for the ends of the camper. We are enjoying the color change and the cushions are more comfortable.


I almost forgot to mention that I scotch guarded all the fabric before placing the cushions back in the camper.


I know a lot of people are painting their cupboards. Our cupboards are in good shape and we like the way they look.