The Temple of Tolerance with Jim Bowsher


I ended my last week of June 2018 by spending time at a location dedicated to peace and bringing people together, and I did this in the backyard of Archeologists, Geologists, and Historian Jim Bowsher. 






Jim's house is a museum and behind it rests the Temple of Tolerance






Jim, took time away from working along his temple wall to show my husband and me this tube which holds a shell casing representing the lives of Ohio military men and women who were killed while serving our country. 




Jim truly has a love for mankind and his impressive vision draws crowds to a peaceful realm that provides an amazing collection of historic artifacts. This park is also called the rock garden and has been described as, “a Stonehenge-themed cemetery”- Roadside America, though there are no people buried in the yard. 



I have to tell you Jim is one great storyteller and it was a pleasure to spend our afternoon there talking with him. 



You can see more about the Temple of Tolerance on the Scenic Stops Vlog


Temple of Tolerance 

203 S. Wood St. 

Wapakoneta, Ohio

There is no admission charge but donations are welcomed.

Comments