David Austen English Rose Collection 2022


I've been a little behind in posting and I'm not sure what day the 2022 English Rose Collection catalog arrived but I am tickled pink that it did.

David Austen roses are all gorgeous!!!

Gertrude Jekyll is often a favorite of many rose growers. Gertrude Jekyll VMH was a British horticulturist, garden designer, craftswoman, photographer, writer, and artist.

I tend to prefer soft pink roses, with a subtle apricot hue, so if I were to choose a favorite I might select Emily Bronte as shown on page 39 of this catalog.


But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.

– Anne Bronte

The Narrow Way


Those of you who appreciate words will recognize that the sisters, Charlotte (1816–1855), Emily (1818–1848), and Anne (1820–1849), are well known as poets and novelists.

It's stated that this Emily Bronte English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types, prefers full sun or partial shade, and is a great rose for cutting too.

You can pick up your own copy of the catalog here.

Comments