Hermon Woodlands Metro Park, Johnny Appleseed Metro Parks system


Hermon Woodlands Metro Park is the newest addition to the Johnny Appleseed Metro Parks system and the land was bequeathed by the late Carole Hermon, for whom the park is named.

I love that this park has a Children’s “ImagiNature” Playscape and a Storybook Trail but my favorite thing about it is the 2 miles of hiking trails which are compacted limestone 10 feet wide. We have hiked here many times and the Fall season is my favorite. The park is filled with deciduous trees and many have great branch formations. There are a few bridges with a creek below that make for extra scenic views and the western loop is a favorite.

On the day I took these photos, we saw people walking their dogs and we met a lady on the bridge who told us she had been watching a chipmunk near the water. Hermon Woodlands Metro Park is located at 485 N Wapakoneta Rd, Lima, OH 45807

You can view one of my YouTube video here

Comments