Monument Park, Veterans Plaza, in Fort Recovery Ohio,




Monument Park, Veterans Plaza, in Fort Recovery Ohio, is created in a semi-circle 70 ft wide, 35 ft. deep. It has 7 granite piers with a branch of the service medallion on each pier. There are 144 brushed stainless steel panels. The names of hundreds of service men and women from all branches of the military are engraved on the stainless steel panels.


At night you can see the panels lit with LED lighting. 


As I approached the morning of April 18th, 2024, I filmed the flags and the Bronze military boots with a granite military history book under them. I then moved around the semi-circle and filmed the piers. 


When I was done filming the piers I crossed the red brick and took the path to the monument. 


President William Howard Taft signed a bill in 1908 that allowed for the building of a monument in Fort Recovery. 


The monument before me was built in 1912 and dedicated on July 1, 1913.  It stands 101'4" tall and weighs  800 tons. The nine-foot statue  I show in the video is of a frontiersman. Under the base  of this, is the remains of soldiers killed in that battle of St. Clair's defeat.




Comments