Art Space Lima Annual Juried Photography Show 2026
Each winter, ArtSpace turns its attention fully to photography, and this year’s Annual Juried Photography Show continues that tradition with remarkable depth and range. Running through early March 2026, the exhibition transforms all four galleries into a sweeping survey of contemporary regional photographu with 126 photographs taken by amateur photographers and displayed across four galleries.
Today, my husband and I stepped in from bright winter sunshine. In the galleries, the air felt quieter. The light diffused. Even my breathing slowed.
A juried exhibition carries a different kind of weight than an open community show. Artists submit their work. The photographs are carefully reviewed, selecting pieces based on artistic merit, technical execution, and conceptual strength.
This year’s show features emerging voices alongside established artists. Landscapes that hold a quiet stillness hang near sharply observed portraits. Conceptual images nudge perception sideways. Documentary-style works ground the show in lived experience.
As I moved from wall to wall, I kept thinking about the vulnerability embedded in photography. Every image represents a series of decisions: where to stand, when to press the shutter, what to reveal, what to leave outside the frame.



Comments
Post a Comment